In this video I go over the kayaking gear that I take with me on my SUV camping trips and adventures. I’ve always wanted a kayak and finally bit the bullet and got myself one at the start of this last summer. It was definitely worth the investment! I had a great time with it before I had to put it away for the winter.
This video covers info about the kayak, paddle, life jacket, and roof rack kayak holder that I use. I basically got the cheapest pieces of equipment I could find, but they all work really well for me. (Click here if you can’t see the video below.)
Gear in This Video
(Note: The Amazon links below are affiliate links.)
- Pelican Trailblazer 100 kayak from Dick’s Sporting Goods. It was on sale for $177 when Dick’s was having a Memorial Day sale.
- Kayak paddle – Not sure what the brand is. It was $20 or $25 at Walmart.
- Life jacket – $10 at Walmart. It was the cheapest one that wasn’t one of those $5 orange ones.
- Pool noodle – $1 or $2 from Walmart
- CASCADE CREEK Yakclip Paddle Clip
- Cockpit cover (Size 7.0)
- Roof rack kayak holders
- Red ratchet strap – I think I just got it at Walmart for a few dollars.
- Kayak cable lock
As always, make sure you check out my online store.